Ten Years From Now #CHALLENGETOWRITE Day 20

I want to live near a beach.

Where would you like to be in 10 years from now?

My husband and I actually plan on living in Florida in 10 years. I plan on living in a nice climate with fantastic weather and lots of water! I am looking forward to having a garden, fruit trees, a boat and our “forever” home. In 10 years,  Spencer will be done with college and hopefully not too far from us. We are actually planning a trip at the end of the year to go scope things out as our plan will probably be in motion in 4 years or so. My husband has family in Florida which will be enjoyable for us, as well. Not only that but there is a Sea World, Disney World and so many attractions to see there. I certainly want to live in a smaller town, closer to nature and not far from a beach. I plan on a having a career working with people in one form or another. I have a Master’s Degree in Human Relations, so it only makes sense to use it. I am actually genuinely looking forward to my future and can’t wait to see what the next 10 years has in store for me. What about you? Where would you like to be in 10 years?

Comments

1. Becky Schollian says:

Great long term. Good luck on accomplishing your dreams!! I know that to move to Florida has always been a thought for me. I wish you and your family the best. Thank you for your post. I enjoy visiting and getting caught up with some of the life on life’s terms we need to make it in this world.

2. I don’t live too far from Florida and so we go to the beach every summer. (N.O.) It is about three hours for us, and so we don’t mind the drive. Living on the Gulf coast does have its perks, and I love the Florida beaches.

3. Cheryl Chervitz says:

I’m not sure I know what I want in 10 years. You have some very nice goals, and it has got me thinking, thank you.

4. Nicole A. says:

I think thinking about things like this are important. My sister is going through a rough time. I told her to make short term goals and then a few long term goals. Something to give her focus and something to work toward.

5. Sounds like a wonderful plan!

6. I hope you move near me, we have so much in common, we could go to the beach with wireless cards and blog, lol.

7. bonnie holt says:

I am hoping to own my own home and to be in a career since I am starting late in life

8. I love your writing challenges and Disneyworld

9. I love living in FL

10. I plan on being right where I am now! In 10 years I will be 72 andjust want to still be living on my own in great health!

11. Dawn Monroe says:

My husband and I need to make a goal but I think it does wor. Awhile back I made a five year carrer plan and it worked. I think visualizing it is the key. I finished my five year plan in three years.

12. HHmmmmm! You made me think hehehhe. I don’t actually know but for sure i wont live my hometown San Diego CA we have the best of everything here too

13. hubby has always wanted to live in Tennessee and have a kick-ass garden, lol! i love being close to the beach too. coming from a tropical country, i was spoiled with all the nice sandy white beaches there so Florida is a nice one as well. it might be too expensive for us to live there though. 🙂

14. I love to visit Florida but I don’t think I could live there. I like to have 4 seasons. At least we won’t be fighting over a house! 🙂

15. Healy Harpster says:

Ten years from now, I may still be here, living in the same city.

16. One of the things I dream to see in the US is the beach in Florida. Sounds like you have a great plan for the future ahead.

17. i would be a pastry chef with my own cafe and bakery.

18. Sounds like a wonderful plan. My SIL lives in Venice, Florida and she absolutely love it there since she loves the warm weather. I too love gardening and seeing all these trees and be near the ocean and eat fresh seafood, but I love to live up in the mountains though. there is something about the mountains that my husband and I both love. Our kids are starting to love it too.

19. Wow … that is a tough question 🙂 I might be living in my dream house but still in Florida, finished my MA in Sch Management, teaching in pre-school or have my own daycare and feeling content with life.

20. I would love to live in Florida myself if given a chance. Been t two cities there and just love the weather!

21. I guess, we are still in the same place. Until we reach our retirement, that’s where we have to move out of this cold snowy place. I’m happy to read about your plans 10 years from now, and hope for the best.

22. Buddy Garrett says:

I lived in Florida for 9 years. Florida has great weather and lots of attractions-beaches etc. I had to move because I couldn’t find a good job and I lived in central Florida that was becoming overpopulated. In ten years I want to be retired living in some small town in Alabama.