Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Are you an early holiday shopper or do you wait until the last minute? It’s never too early for holiday shopping in my opinion. I am actually an early shopper, and usually have most of my shopping done by Halloween. I know it sounds a little crazy but shopping early is actually better on my budget. I like to buy a little at a time rather than just go out and spend all my money once.
Here are my favorite tips for holiday shopping:
1. Make a list. I always make a list of the people that I am buying for. I also include how much I plan to spend on the gift and gift ideas in the list. I really helps me stay on track with gifts and my budget. I also keep a list of gifts I have given so I don’t buy the same thing for someone 2 years in a row.
2. Start early. I always start shopping early. It is a great way to get a jump on the holidays. I also buy items like headphones during back to school sales because they are more affordable.
3. Gift closet. It never fails I always forget to get a gift for someone, usually, a teacher or something. I have a small gift closet that contains gifts that can be for anyone. Coffee mugs with coffee or cocoa, bath products, gift cards, etc.
4. Make something. I, usually, make at least one gift for each significant person in my life. I make blankets, card sets, and video slide shows. They are really personal gifts that are always appreciated.
5. Stick to a budget. This is the most important tip in my opinion. My family and I are on a pretty strict budget so I always have to shop savvy. Sticking to a budget not only keeps your spending on track but it also keeps you from overspending and having buyer’s remorse.
I am super excited to be attending the TOYLAND event at Walmart this year. I am an official toy tester! I can’t wait to interact with this year’s hottest toys from Vtech, Hasbro, Spin Master, Fisher-Price, Just Play, and Moose Toys to name a few. There are several TOYLAND events at Walmart. For event locations and dates please visit this link. Stay tuned for my TOYLAND event update.