Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and this is the perfect dessert to share with someone you love. The decadent chocolate cherry cheesecake is rich, satisfying with a perfect accompaniment of sweet cherries. Not only is this dessert satisfying and sure to please the chocolate lover in your life but it is also very simple to make.
Here is what you need:
1 box Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (18.4 oz)
¾ cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
2 packages softened cream cheese (8 ounces packages)
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 can cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
9 inch springform pan
Use parchment paper in the bottom of the pan for easy removal. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ¾ cup of the dry brownie mix with flour and butter. Stir until combine. Press in the bottom of the ungreased pan (on top of parchment paper).
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping often, until it is smooth. Add remaining dry brownie mix and whipping cream. Beat on medium speed, scraping often until the mixture is smooth. Pour over crust in the pan.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool for 20 minutes and remove from springform pan. You may need to run a metal spatula along side of the cheesecake to loosen. Spread pie filling on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Slice in small servings. The cheesecake is incredibly rich and delicious.
[yumprint-recipe id=’24’]If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side