St. Patrick’s Day is less than a month away, so it is the perfect time to start your party planning. If you are like me and have children in the house, St. Patty’s Day celebrating is kid friendly. One of my go to sweet treats for St. Patty’s Day is a recipe for Irish Potatoes Candy. It isn’t really an “Irish” recipe, but it is something that the kids love. These sweet treats are made to look like potatoes, but there are no potatoes in the recipe. They are really rich, so I would recommend making them smaller in size.
Here is what you need:
¼ cup softened butter
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box (16 ounces) powdered sugar
2 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and cream cheese.
Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until well blended. The mixture should be firm enough to form a ball.
Stir in coconut. (The mixture should be firm)
Roll the mixture with your hands to form small potato shapes. (The mixture is sticky and messy).
Place the cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the small potato-shaped balls.
Place the balls on a cookie sheet and chill for at least 1 hour or until they are firm.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- DIY Hulk Green Slim from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Infinite Luck Bracelet from Style on Main
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?