Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake Recipe

Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake
I am really excited about this new project that I am involved with, Pinterest Remakes. Each month I will be choosing a Pin on Pinterest for inspiration to make something of my own. This month my inspiration is a pin I found for a Boston Cream Poke Cake, you can see the Pin here. I used the inspiration of the poke cake to make my own version of a tropical Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake. It is moist, sweet, and absolutely out of this world delicious!
Here is what you need:
Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
3 Eggs
1 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Box (5.1 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding
3 Cups Cold Milk
2 Cups Sweetened Coconut (divided into 1 cup portions)
1 8 oz Container Cool Whip
Directions:
Prepare Pineapple Supreme cake using eggs, water and oil according to cake mix directions. Bake in a 9X13 pan.
After the cake is done use a handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. Make sure the holes are large enough so the pudding can seep into them. Also, be sure the holes are all the way down to the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl combine the pudding and milk. Whisk together until blended very well. Add 1 cup of the coconut to the pudding and stir until it is combined.
Slowly pour pudding mixture over the cake. Make sure the pudding is seeping into the holes. Spread pudding mixture to cover the cake. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake
While that is in the refrigerator, take the remaining cup of coconut and spread on a cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 350-degree oven for 7-10 minutes. Stir often until the coconut is toasted. Let cool.

Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake
Remove the cake from the refrigerator and frost with Cool Whip (I only used part of the container).

Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake

Sprinkle toasted coconut on the top. Cover and refrigerate. Serve the next day or several hours later.
**This cake has to be refrigerated.

Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake

[yumprint-recipe id=’29’]
Here are more Pinterest remakes from a few of my favorite bloggers:

Comments

1. That looks delicious. Poke cakes are always the best and pineapple and coconut sound like a great combo.

2. dawn lopez says:

Wow, this looks absolutely scrumptious! I LOVE poke cakes and don’t make them enough, I love the tropical flavors for this one.. yum!

3. Oooh that sounds yummy! I love pineapple and I think I have a can right now!

4. Those tropical flavors sounds really yummy in a soft cake!

5. Yum! That sounds like an incredibly refreshing dessert. The tropical flavors are perfect for bringing a little sunshine to your tastebuds.

6. Delicious! I love the island twist on the Boston Cream poke cake.

7. I am a huge fan of poke cakes and my husband loves anything coconut so this is a winner for us!

8. I love poke cakes, they are so moist and tasty!

9. This looks absolutely delicious. I love pineapple

10. I’ve never made poke cakes before but this looks pretty easy!

11. Marti Tabora says:

This sounds absolutely fantastic, I am definitely going to try it. I love pineapple and I know my family would like it.

12. amber moody says:

I want to put this in my face now! It looks amazing!

13. That sounds really good. Except for the coconut, I’m not fond of it. I always add pudding to a cake mix. It makes it moist.

14. This looks super yummy, and I love pineapple, so I’ll definitely have to try this out; thanks for sharing the recipe!

15. Lisa Ward says:

2 things i love pineapple and whip cream.. definitely will try this . Thanks

16. David Fultner says:

These are very cute idea thanks.

17. Dianna Thomas Davis says:

Yumm—this looks so good— I love how easy this is, and perfect for any Church potluck.We usually have one once a month so – I’ll try it next week. Thanks so much for sharing

18. Marnie G (Derrick Todd) says:

Yum! Pineapple, Coconut and Cool Whip — GREAT combination. This looks delicious!

19. My grandson loves coconut but doesn’t like pineapple. Do you think he’d know it is pineapple cake- is it obvious?

20. Tamra Phelps says:

I think this sounds great. I would try it using a can of crushed pineapple instead of a cup of water to see if that works, too.

21. Sharon Rooney says:

This sounds just wonderful, two of my favorite things, Pineapple and coconut. I am going to a Fourth of July picnic and I am going to make this cake.

22. Maryann D. says:

Pineapple and coconut are two flavors that I really enjoy. I am sure this is worth all the trouble to make, it seems delicious.

23. This sounds so good. Love the combo of pineapple and coconut!

24. This cake looks wonderful! I have never tried making my own pineapple cake, but I am looking forward to trying this recipe.

25. john hutchens says:

The pineapple coconut poke cake sounds delicious. I like that it is such a simple recipe . I will make it this weekend. My family loves trying new cake recipes.