DIY Whipped Body Butter

DIY whipped body butter for luxurious moist skin.

I have been wanting to try to make my own whipped body butter and found a great pin on Pinterest for Vanilla Lemon Body Butter. I used this pin for my inspiration. I switched up the ingredients and used essential oil for fragrance. The result is a luscious, creamy, emollient body butter with a relaxing fragrance.

DIY Whipped Body Butter
Here is what I used:
½ Cup Refined Shea Butter
½ Cup Refined Cocoa Butter
½ Cup Organic Coconut Oil
½ Cup Sweet Almond Oil
30-40 drops of lavender essential oil
Jars for storage

DIY Whipped Body Butter
Directions:
In a medium size pot heat up shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and add almond oil. Pour into a large mixing bowl add essential oil and stir to combine. Once everything has been combined put the mixing bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid looks like a solid. Whip on high for a few minutes (5-10) until it creates peaks. It should look like this.

DIY Whipped Body Butter
Spoon into jars for storage. The butter does not need to be refrigerated as long as it is stored in temperatures under 80 degrees.

DIY Whipped Body Butter

One thing I would change for next time is I would not use the coconut oil because the fragrance was a little challenging to cover up with the lavender oil, and it is a little greasy. Have you ever made your own body products? If so what is your favorite fragrance?

DIY Whipped Body Butter
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite blogs:

Comments

1. That sounds so decadent! I could use some serious pampering today!

2. Wow, that looks heavenly! What a fun idea, I might just make this for Mother’s Day…and keep some for myself. 🙂

3. Looks good enough to EAT! 🙂 This would make a great Mother’s Day gift!!

4. I know it’s body butter – but it sure looks like whipped cream. I bet it feels amazing going on skin.

5. That looks like it would be a treat to apply to my skin! I need to whip up a batch of this stat!

6. Dianna Thomas Davis says:

I like this idea.This is easy to do and I probably have everything here except the lavender oil so I might use a almond scent to do this– thank you for share–It will make a perfect gift

7. Emily Endrizzi says:

No, I have never made any of my own body products. I would never have even thought to try. It looks like a lot of work for me since I don’t have any of the ingredients to make it. I don’t even own a mixer! Lol.

8. This looks amazing

9. Sounds good. I am going to try this recipe

10. nicole dziedzic says:

This looks so luscious, great body butter to sooth and hydrate the skin, especially for summer. Love this!

11. That looks really cool!! Maybe you could add pineapple scented oil to compliment the coconut? I’d could be kind of like a pina colada!

12. Katherine Riley says:

This would be great for holiday gifts.

13. That’s a great recipe for body butter!

14. I have some of these ingredients, but don’t have the mixer!! I wonder how it would work with a hand mixer – I love this!!

15. shelly peterson says:

This body butter looks amazing! I bet it smells really good. I have never made anything like this but would love to.

16. Tamra Phelps says:

I’ve never made this kind of thing, but I used to make homemade facial masks from thing like honey, oatmeal, eggs, etc. They worked pretty well. This one looks interesting. Thanks!

17. This looks wonderful. I bet putting it on would be so luxurious. My skin could sure use some moisturizer.

18. Marnie G (Derrick Todd) says:

I love body butters. Yours looks amazingly light and fluffy. I prefer mine to be light as well. It almost looks silky. I will definitely be trying to make this!

19. Maryann D. says:

This Body Butter looks wonderful and I could imagine how terrific it smells too. I love using essential oils for different things.

20. This looks wonderful! This would make a great gift!