Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Since the weather is warmer, more and more people are spending their days outside and in the water, which increases the likelihood of a sunburn. My family and I spend a lot of time outdoors swimming, and we want to avoid a sunburn at all costs. We try to regulate the amount of sun that we are exposed to but sometimes it isn’t practical to go inside somewhere, not every pool has a place to sit indoors. Luckily I found a company called Coolibar that offers a vast array or clothing and accessories you will need to protect yourself and your family from the harmful UV rays of the sunshine. I had the opportunity to receive a wonderful swim shirt for men. The shirt I received is the S/S Swim Shirt in Black. The shirt offers UPF 50+ protection from the sun. It features a stand-up collar, Shape-retaining four-way stretch aqua SUNTECT fabric. It is machine washable and line dry.
My son gets sunburned very easy, and usually it is bad, so it was the perfect item for him. He wore it this past weekend, and his chest and back didn’t get sunburned. However, his face, neck, and arms did even though he wore sunscreen. The shirt has quickly become his favorite. It is super light and comfortable which also helps you stay cool. It isn’t see-through so you can feel free to wear it out while running errands and other everyday occurrences. He will also be wearing the shirt when we go on hikes and other outdoor outings. Coolibar offers clothing options for all ages including babies, they l have something for everyone in your family.
Coolibar has been working with ACS (American Cancer Society) to launch a #SkinSmart campaign and movement to educate people on how to reduce skin cancer risks and stay safe this summer. Coolibar and ACS have a bunch of helpful tips for this summer:
Teach kids that being safe in the sun is as important as wearing a bike helmet! Limiting sun exposure now helps prevent skin cancer in the future.
· Make sure to wear lightweight clothing that is tightly woven (t-shirts do NOT block UV rays!), and contains a UV protection factor of 50.
· Keep sunscreen and a hat in your gym bag, stroller or diaper bag, so it¹s always accessible when needed.
· Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes BEFORE going out in the sun, and remember to reapply to exposed areas every two hours, and more often after swimming or sweating.
· Take regular breaks from the sun in particular between 10 a.m. and four p.m., when UV rays are strongest, and make sure to drink lots of water. Set your phone¹s alarm for reminders.
· Wearing a wide-brim hat provides extra coverage to the neck and shoulders. Every inch of hat brim can lower your lifetime risk of skin cancer by 10%.
· Wear a swim shirt specially designed for water activities while at the pool or beach. These provide maximum sun protection, cover a large amount of exposed skin, and dry quickly, so they are great for trips.
· Wear sunglasses. Also to protecting eyes from UV exposure, another cancer risk, the right sunglasses offer impact protection and reduce reflection if you are participating in any rigorous activities.
This month is Men’s Skin Cancer Awareness Month and since Father’s Day is coming up soon, what better gift to give than high-quality clothing that will protect him from the sun. These clothes make the perfect gift, and they help to keep dads safe and happy. I know my husband wants a few of these shirts now that he has seen the one my son has.
If you would like to learn more about the products or to purchase them visit their website. Additionally, be sure and use the code FSNM for a 10% OFF coupon! This Summer get skin smart with clothing from Coolibar. Be sure and connect via social media Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for the latest updates.