Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
In honor of Mother’s Day zulily has put together essential information on costs and habits of the American mom.
Mother’s Day is just a couple of weeks away, zulily has released essential information that every new mom should know; zulily Bringing up Baby: Cost & Habit Insights of the American Mom.
Budgeting for a baby is crucial because raising a child is so expensive. A recent survey discovered a variety of insights in regard to spending and saving habits when preparing for a baby. Check out the results of the survey:
- With annual childcare costs hovering around $6,000, it’s crucial to choose (and pay!) the right person to watch your kids. In our survey Julia Roberts was voted the top celeb moms would let babysit, but Kim Kardashian didn’t make the cut and was only selected by 3% of respondents.
- Raising kids can get pretty pricey, so it’s no surprise a third of mothers surveyed said they’d compete in a monthly random dance battle (32%) in exchange for free baby gear, attire, etc.
- Almost half of mothers surveyed (45%) said the most missed pre-mom indulgence is actually having a day off.
- 33% of moms agreed that the most common squabble couples have regarding new parenting is about money.
Budgeting is so important for most moms and finding high quality products for affordable prices is essential. Thankfully, zulily has a huge variety of items for baby which are constantly changing and being updated every morning. As a matter of fact, zulily customers saved millions of dollars on baby gear items. Here are just a few ways that customers have saved millions of dollars by shopping at zulily:
- Savings on baby blankets: over $2.4M
- Total savings on key items needed to set up a nursery: over $2.6M
- Savings on all baby feeding supplies: over $4.5M
This year zulily is having their Moms First event on Mother’s Day (May 8th) with awesome items a new mom can’t live without. I love shopping at zulily because they offer high quality products that are affordable for the entire family. I also really appreciate the fact that new items are added every morning; you’ll want to check out their app every morning to discover the latest deals. Be sure and visit the website for Mother’s Day gift ideas.
*The study was conducted online using a Google Consumer Survey, which uses inferred demographic and location information to employ stratified sampling method by distributing the surveys based on the targeted audience to its publisher network and/or android smartphone users. The study consisted of 1000 respondents between April 4th and April 7th among women aged 25-54. The margin of error is +/-5 percentage points.
**Sales Data Methodology: The methodology used to report on the 2015-16 maternity and infant purchasing trends was created by reviewing more than 262,000 products, from April 2015 – April 2016. zulily has approximately 5 million active customers, as of Q4 2015.